Natural Prevention methods from Pest
Getting rid of pests like Insects, bugs, rodents from our garden seems to be a big priority for the gardeners. We often use Pesticides to kill pests. But United states Medical Association suggests that Pesticides have been linked to a range of health problems in children, including autism spectrum disorders, diabetes, birth defects, cancer, obesity, asthma, hyperactivity and behavior problems etc.
- Remove all standing water from the yard.
- Remove clutter where pests set up house which includes newspaper stacks and plastics. Seal food in airtight containers.
- Repair leaky plumbing, and seal cracks and block holes both inside and outside the house. This helps bar pests from entry and freedom of movement.
- Don’t destroy webs. Spiders serve as natural predators to most pests, so consider them helpful housemates.
- Enlist predatory insects, birds, and other wildlife to feast on pests by creating a hospitable habitat in your backyard.
- Build a bat house in your yard.
- Prevent the occurences of ants by vinegar and coffee grounds, aphids by garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Insects like ladybugs and lacewings will prey on plant-damaging pests or their larvae and promote a healthier environment for your crops.
- Use garlic and onions to the plants is a way to kill aphids and apple borers.
- Mineral oil organic pesticide had the most impact on the environment by smothering the aphids.